Today I am proud to announce that Moire in screen printing is completely over at DMI.
Whether you are a graphics or textile screen printers who struggling to print fine halftone details close to 100 to 120 LPI easily and comfortably to create continuous tone effect using traditional screen printing process in your existing setup than participate in our upcoming workshop at DMI because for the first time at DMI we are going to reveal the secret how to print moire free halftone images.
DMI have completely re-written the traditional screen printing process right from pre-press to screen making to screen printing so that one can easily understand and adept this technique in their existing setup.
There are two workshops in August 2015, first on 3-4-5 August 2015 covering graphics and special effects screen printing on paper and packaging and another on 24-25-26 August 2015 exclusively for garment/textile printers.
In our textile workshop we shall demonstrate for the first time at DMI how to print moire free fine halftones on t-shirts close to 120 LPI using water base inks using 120T/cm polyester fabrics (305 Mesh Count/Inch).
In our three days workshop we teach right from pre-press, colour management, screen making to screen printing but here are few important points which most textile printer are curious to know:
- CMYK printing using water based ink on 120T/cm mesh on white and coloured garments using discharge ink and on under-base white ink.
- High Density printing
- All Special effect inks like Metallic, Glitter, Crack, Gel, Puff, Thermochromatic, light sensitive inks, etc…
- Learn high end spot process separation and printing techniques
- How to make high resolution and sharp images from a low resolution image
- Learn how to print photo realistic images to produce high quality heat transfers
- Learn about dot gain compensation and process linearisation right from pre-press to screen making to screen printing.
- Learn how to print jobs with minimum colours and achieve result close calibrated monitor.
- Learn about colour separation, ICC profile, grey balance in CMYK and much more…
Screen Printing Zindabad.
It’s my immense pleasure to announce that your favourite screen printing institute – DMI (Dhirubhai Mistry Institute for Print Education, Research and Training) now re-opens. We are continuing the era of FREE training to screen printers with improved facilities for your comforts.
I am proud to say that DMI will be the first of its kind in the world, ultra modern, fully air-conditioned, clean with complete humidity controlled state-of-the-art Training Centre, located right within the premise of Grafica. DMI is fully equipped with the latest screen printing machines, tools and equipment required to upgrade your knowledge in every aspect screen printing.
With full excitement we are beginning our first Workshop on Advanced Screen Printing Process, combined with Print Finishing, on 8, 9, 10 June 2015. The journey will continue thereafter with regular workshops and training on Advanced Screen Printing, Textile screen printing and Print Finishing. So far more than 1200 print professionals from across the globe have taken full advantage of DMI’s FREE educational training and workshops.
I plan to impart Hands on Training for exclusively Grafica’s customers where in they can select suitable dates online as per their convenience. During such Hands-on-Training I will also get a chance to meet you on ‘one-to-one’ basis and try to help you solve your technical and production related issues.
As a part of our commitment to pay back to the industry and to back our Government’s skill development programme, DMI will start admission for print technology students from various institutes to impart them specialized training in advanced screen printing.
Messages were coming in from across the globe some of which are being published in our latest magazine GRAFICA NEWS INDIA – APRIL 2015 issue. I thank every one of them for their inspirational messages. I thank all our customers, well-wishers, industry associates, friends for their support, cooperation, inspiration and good wishes for my mission called ‘DMI’. I also thank all our DMI faculties and Grafica staff for their dedication and commitment in successfully executing DMI’s various educational activities.
We are beginning our first workshop in this new facility of DMI from:
Date: 8 – 9 – 10 June 2015
TOPIC: Advance screen printing process with UV special effects inks & varnish.
1. WINE BOTTLE BOX; made from wooden substrate (MDF) which includes HALFTONE SCREEN PRINTING with UV SPECIAL EFFECT Inks & Varnish.
2. CERTIFICATE SCREEN PRINTING; on paper includes multiple UV special effects inks and varnish (e.g. Glow in dark, thermochromatic inks, glitters, mirror inks, high density screen printing, micro embossing, various UV textures and much more…
Do not forget to register your seat for my first workshop which is on 8, 9, 10 June 2015.
To register log on to www.graficaindia.com
See you soon at my workshop or hands-on-training programs.
When its about winning an International Awards, whether its SGIA or FESPA Indian screen and digital printers have always marked their strong presence and achieved many International awards year after year.
Once again this year FESPA has announced their upcoming prestigious awards competition “FESPA Awards 2015 in Cologne”.
Why to enter into awards competition, here are many good reasons…
- To WOW prospective customers than to welcome them into your business where your FESPA Award is displayed alongside your best work?
- To reassure them of your technical skill than showing off an award that has been judged by senior and influential figures in the industry, experts in your field and most importantly, your customers.
- Inspire your team! Winning an award not only raises the profile of your business and attracts new customers, but also raises the spirits of the team involved in producing the winning work.
- Being shortlisted against hundreds of competitors from across the globe is an honour in itself, but to make it through to the very top, winning in a category – can and does transform businesses and change lives.
- In addition to global publicity for winners, all entries will also be put forward for the opportunity to win the People’s Choice Award and the FESPA Hall of Fame which opens up the voting to the whole imaging community. The marketing possibilities if you win are endless!
To encourage all printers who are hesitant to step into the International Awards scenario for the first time, SPAI introduces the SPAI–FESPA Indian National Awards from 2015, to participate very comfortably. Also steps have been taken to have Regional Associates to introduce the same to printers in various locations.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:-
15th April 2015: Closing date for entries (sending completed forms with payment to SPAI)
25th April 2015: Last day to reach the physical entries with DVD/Pendrives to SPAI, Mumbai
27th April 2015: Judging for SPAI Indian Awards
28th April 2015: Shortlisted entries showcased on FESPA.com and public voting on entries for ‘The People’s Choice Award’
7th May 2015: SPAI Will reach Entries to arrive at Cologne
18th-22nd May 2015: All entries displayed at FESPA 2015, Cologne
19th May 2015: Winners announced and celebrated at Gala Dinner during FESPA 2015
June 2015: SPAI Indian Awards & FESPA 2015 Awards winners felicitated and celebrated at Gala Dinner. (Date & Venue to be communicated later).
Inspire your team, involve them and win one of the prestigious FESPA 2015 Awards.
So don’t delay, enter today.
Remember 15th April 2015 Closing Date!
For immediate assistance call Mr. Mohan Kaikini, COO-SPAI on +91 9820287300
Wishing all the Best to those printers who have not participated earlier.